The Committee for Future Generations is a grassroots all-volunteer organization. Our members are Dene, Cree, Metis and non-Indigenous residents of communities in Northern Saskatchewan committed to educating the people about the dangers of nuclear waste transportation and storage.
We need your involvement and support!
* Get in touch and get informed. We have an email list, a facebook page and many educational materials and links.
* Make a donation. Funds are urgently needed for our ongoing activities. Our Committee was able to travel to two gatherings this past summer by holding garage sales.
* Sign our petition. On May 14, 2012, we presented our petition with more than 12,000 signatures to the provincial legislature in Regina, demanding a legislated ban on nuclear waste transportation and storage in Saskatchewan. We continue to collect signatures. If you can help collect signatures in your community, workplace or organization, you can Download the Petition and mail completed copies to the address on the bottom of the document.
* Help spread the word. Talk to your family, neighbours and others about the grave risks associated with nuclear waste storage and transportation. If you would be able to help organize a presentation by the Committee for Future Generations or connect us with radio and media coverage, please get in touch.
* Get active. We welcome help with web design, research, educational material production and distribution, event organization, fundraising… Interested in lending a hand? Let us know!
* Write a message or letter of solidarity. Messages of outside support are important for isolated northern communities fighting nuclear waste and the solidarity demonstrated by so many people from near and far gives us strength. Please feel free to leave comments below or email us a letter or note to pass on and share.
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org